Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Jose- where can you be???

Jose, the guy who also did the demo/construction of our kitchen back in October, and is also a painter by trade, came on Friday to paint the upstairs. Well, he did some of the prep work- patching cracks, nail holes, etc...did one coat, sanded, skimmed another coat, then left. A good day's work all in all.

However, Saturday, he was unable to return because he was going to help his cousin out on another job. Fine. Saturday, it turned out, the Bear whom was supposed to be out of town, was in town, and I was out at mi madre's anyway. Okay, so Monday rolls around- NO Jose....tried to get him on his cell- straight to voice mail. Tried a couple of times throughout the day, same thing- plus, what irritates me more than anything- NO response.

Tuesday (today) comes around, same drill as above. I then remembered that I have his home #. Fortunately I get his nephew Juan, who said that he will try to get in touch with him and relay the message(s) to him to call me! I am living with half dusted floors and walls, and no completed work. Now, knowing some things from my old life of Interior Design, I know NOT to pay these guys until the work is done- but I did give him a little dinero for traveling and getting some lunch etc...in the form of a check- $150 bones, not much. Did I mention that I was buying the paint? Yeah, so it's not like he is taking me for a ride or anything....I prefer to get the brand of paint that I want anyhow. I can't help but think that somehow, Jose just might like cervesas mas fria a little too mucho- just an inkling, but I suspect alcohol as a suspect to his absence...I've not ever smelled booze of any sort on his person, but I can't help but think that with a bit of money in the hand- he likes to have a good time instead of be responsible to his work.

As it stands, still, No Jose. No paint. No satis-faction! Ay-yay-yay!
EZ

3 comments:

P said...

did jose magically reappear?

diane303 said...

hmm...could he be on a bus on his way back to Meheeco?

Over here, when this happens, it's usually a nice day andthey have simply "gone fishin", "gone huntin", or their Aunt Millie down the block had ta have her kitchin painted.

diane303 said...

Yikes! Is it my imagination or did you have another entry and bring it down! I saw it and thought "I'll go back and read it later" and it was gone! Not fair, my naughty little donkey!

Loved your post about Parker. Don't feel bad. My kids still remind me about the times that I screwed up. Think about when you were little. If someone would have asked if you loved your Mom any given time of the day, would you have said "yes"?