Friday, June 8, 2007

That last day of school feeling

Couldn't get on yesterday due to the power outage-no juice from about 10-4...buzz kill. The worst part of the day:

G sliding into first on the concrete sidewalk in front of the school- just after his picnic lunch yesterday......poor thing- he looks as though he'd been dragged behind a crazed horse (see photo below of both gooney kids).

So today marks the last day of G's pre-school days....SOOOO bittersweet. I lament the time which has passed all too quickly, and rejoice in the new adventures he and I/we will encounter in the upcoming months leading up to Kindergarten.

Just returning from p/u G from school- to find out that (I) didn't get the teacher I wanted G to have for Kindergarten in the fall. I am torn with this decision....let it go? After all, the teacher he will have is very good- just a different teaching method than the one I wanted him to have.

I feel that since I am his advocate- I need to step up and get G with the teacher whom I believe has a tighter grasp on method, anyway. The other teacher is still very good, just more of an ethereal approach to teaching- more mat time, more group learning. Whereas, the teacher I want him to have is more regiment in her approach- more old-school, a little more disciplined, in your desk, eyes forward, pay attention, work together. These years are the most formative, the foundation for the rest of [his] scholastic career; and some professional opinions say, the casting mold for the rest of their lives.

So to rock the boat, or to not rock the boat......I've always been the boat rocker anyhow- so I don't really know what my question is because I believe I already have my answer.
EZ

No comments: