Monday, June 25, 2007

Cleaning up my act: part deux

So, Jose showed, and finished with great detail. The place is looking spiffy, well, the paint job that is....now for the fun part- Clean up time! I painstakingly weeded out the old DVD's which no longer get watched, in hopes to pass them on to younger viewers- all the Baby Einstein, Rescue Heroes, Thomas the train and all his cohorts all need to find a new home where they will be adored once more. For the 2-300 CD's, I suggested to the Bear to stop at ye-ole Best Buy (and I don't think that it is always a best buy, by the way) to pick up some storage cases to put them away and off of my book shelves.

Of course someone has to put them all in there! GEEE, I wonder who that will be? Yeah, yeah, yeah...and I have been on the rocks with the Bear whom growls daily about the mess, even though most of it is his paper-trail-of-who-knows-what-to-where. Then there is the lovely coating of white dust on every square inch of every surface from the sanding of newly frosted plaster...ahhhh, the beauty of a really big mess- makes me want to leave my home and never return. To add to the beauty of it all, the Bear loathes the upstairs hall wall color- which everyone else seems to like- oh, he told me that my mother-in-law saw the paint colors and did not like the hall color either....but this is coming from a person who painted her gorgeous huge living room with a bright peach color- yikes! I suppose, to each their own- especially if you like Key Largo on steroids... OH, an back to finding a new cleaning service to eradicate the fine layer of silt and dog prints from my floors. WHY is it I cannot locate a cleaning person who will clean like I can clean??? SUPER frustrating...after all- it IS their job- right? To clean? Their JOB- to CLEAN- right? So why is it, they all come here and use a billion paper towels and a mop??? What happened to cleaning on your knees, and using old socks and underwear with wood cleaner to clean with? Something happened between Poland/Mexico/Russia and here in the last few years....they became "Americanized", that's just a guess though.

Griffin had his 1st day of camp today, along with his very 1st dodgeball game. He isn't much for violence, so I watched him for the first 5 minutes- he mostly put his hands up and winced as a ball flew past him- remarkably, he didn't get hit very early on- even though the balls are no more than dense foam mini sofa cushions- not the hard-core red rubber nubby balls which reverberated the classic ""THWAANNNG"" as it rebounded off your head....naturally followed by the faint echoing sing-song scream of "You'rrre ouuuut!" .....the little snots- I hated that game. It never helped that I was perpetually 3 feet tall until 5th grade- yeah, sooooo much fun. It's not a game, it's the early teachings of nihilism. Oh, will we ever learn from the teachings of history, or in the very least, civics?

1 comment:

Dina said...

i remember hiring a cleaning sevice for the office i used to work for. one lady showed up in high heals, and her thong hung out of her pants.
when i asked them if they supplied the cleaning ... supplies, they answered "yees yees".
after thong lady showed with her side kick "gooney goon goon", she asked me where they mops, buckets, and soap was. when i FIRED her, she said she would clean with hand soap and paper towel from a garbage can.
i think i hired a hooker posing as a cleaning lady.